Jan 11, 2008

raid report: taking lurker to school

Last night my guild and I rallied and after a few attempts finally killed lurker. Like I said before our problems were all just people making ridiculously stupid newbie mistakes such as "dont aggro a mob before a tank gets on it", "keep the CC CCed", and "get out of the way of the blue beam of death".

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that on Magtheridon we didn't have to worry about DPSing the mobs being CCed, and we had to DPS the channelers as fast as possible, which meant that it was the tanks who had to aggro at the pace at the DPS, rather than the DPS paying attention to their threat. Lurker works on a much leisurely pace and punishes you for trying to jump the gun and "speed things up" more than taking things at a steady, reliable pace.

Up next is Voidreaver. His fight mechanic doesnt seem too difficult, and from what I understand is that I have to soulshatter in the first few minutes so I can soulshatter again in the latter few minutes. (pew pew pew)

No comments: