Jan 6, 2008

raid report: magtheridon sunday

I originally wasn't going to raid sunday night, I've been sick recently and I wanted to just sit back and relax and do chores I had been avoiding.

So when I logged on around the usual quitting time for Raiding we have, I was surprised to see everyone still stuck in Magtheridon's Lair. I don't know how many wipes occured, but immediately after the attempt I logged on to failed, I was conscripted into the instance for "one last attempt". So by raidiquette, I had to go on this one last attempt for the night.

Being groggy on a Magtheridon fight for a warlock is never fun. As a warlock my job is to make sure any infernals that spawn are CCed the moment they appear, lest they kill a healer. On top of that you have to make sure the initial 5 adds are permanently Curse of Tongued, as their shadowbolt volleys will kill people if they cast them too often. Then, if your a warlock, youre usually on cube clicking duty, where accidentally clicking your cube too early or not getting in position at the right time becomes a wipe. I was on cube duty.

The fight was pretty hectic. We lost 2 people by the time the final channeler died, and a few more kept dying as time wore on. There were at least 5 substitutions on cube clicking duty due to their designated clickers dying, thankfully I wasnt one of them. One thing of distress was that when people died, they didnt use TeamSpeak to declare so, instead opting to spam raidchat with their "I died" macro.

The good news was that we killed him. We got our second member in 5/5 T4, and a new recruit got their T4 chest token. Thats how we roll.

Right now killing Magtheridon isnt that thrilling for me anymore, but I imagine some other classes can use his drops a lot more than I can. On the whole I think the killing of Magtheridon was more about reassuring ourselves that we are still up for 25 man content. Guild morale is a fickle thing and is easily raised, but just as easily lost.

No comments: