Jan 25, 2008

fashion spec

I'm getting really tired of my current epic quality gear look. Part of the problem is that I'm not using T4, as being a tailor the Frozen Shaddowweave set is much better than Warlock T4, and arguably T5. However, the point is that I'm starting to look like a replica of every other raiding shadow priest, warlock, or frost mage.

It's kind of distressing that as you play the game from early game to midgame, everyone looks different, as there are plenty of viable gear options. As you progress into the final endgame, though, there are fewer options for gear choices, and they are coveted by multiple classes and multiple specs. The end result is you have a largely homogenous mob of players.

Its kind of a shame that when creating a character we get all of these hair/face/skin color choices and that by the time we reach the end of the game we are totally encased in armor that hides those features away, with no option to customize our armor other than choosing whether or not we want to see our cape or hat. Hopefully when WotLK rolls out, Blizzard will have listened to players cries of "let us customize our armor".

I mean, those new hairstyles (its kind of sad that was even a selling point for the next expansion @ blizzcon) still wont mean crap when they're all hidden underneath the same engame helmet.

In the meantime, if I'm just waiting around for a raid to start or a PuG to form, I swap out my DPS gear and put on a few more interesting items that are seldom worn by other players. Right now I mix and match various peices of the cloth dungeon sets I have collected (I'm trying to get every TBC cloth dungeon set possible). Nothing like seeing a warlock with +healing gear and a mage set item on to inspire PuG confidence, am I right?

No comments: